I’ve been composing music in various styles for about 15 years, mainly as a hobby, although one of my (more geeky) creations recently topped 1 million views on YouTube.
Depending on the project & budget, I can offer royalty-free original music services alongside production/editing/presentation bookings. Just let me know if you’d like an original, competitively priced soundtrack.
My Super Bailey Bros film podcast had a brand and theme designed to mimic the 8-bit style of classic videogames – I therefore composed a series of short original jingles to match.
I also agreed to write & record original, cheerful jingles for listeners who sponsored our podcast on Patreon, singing a short song including their name over the top of the music… fortunately for you, no singing is included in the following medley:
Arrangements & Remixes
To keep my music arranging & production skills sharp (mainly via Logic Pro X), I’ve enjoyed re-imaging and re-mixing famous videogame themes to create completely new pieces of music in wide-ranging styles, including medieval folk, orchestral soundtrack, big band, synthwave and fingerpicked acoustic nylon guitar trios.
The medieval mixes have enjoyed particular success on YouTube, so are slightly over-represented in the medley below (follow the links to hear the original themes these pieces are based on). If you’re brave enough, the final clip features some ill-advised but nevertheless successful (i.e. funny) faux-classical vocals.
(NB – these are all compressed mp3s to avoid large file sizes; please Get in Touch if you need any higher quality examples).
- (0:00 – 0:36) is ‘Cornered’ from Ace Attorney: Phoenix Wright rearranged for a full orchestra with concert piano.
- (0:36 – 1:25) is ‘Aerith’s Theme’ from Final Fantasy VII rearranged in the style of Vangelis’ Bladerunner soundtrack.
- (1:25 – 2:02) is the famous Main Theme from the Halo game series reimagined as a folk tune for harp, lute, flute & drum.
- (2:02 – 2:51) is the famous battle theme (‘Those Who Fight’) also from Final Fantasy VII, but reimagined – totally – as an upbeat jazz standard played by the Glenn Miller Band.
- (2:51 – 3:45) is an acoustic nylon guitar trio rendition of ‘Objection!’ from Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies; all guitars arranged & played less-than-expertly by me.
- (3:45 – 4:38) is is the original Main Theme from Metal Gear Solid imagined for a large-scale medieval ensemble, including dulcimers and fiddles.
- (4:38 – 5:15) is ‘Corneria’ from Starfox (Super Nintendo game) imagined as a Stranger Things-esque synthwave jam track.
- (5:15 – End) is ‘Steam Gardens’ or ‘Wooded Kingdom’ from Super Mario Odyssey, but bizarrely re-interpreted as a medieval folk ballad starring a wobbly-voiced bard with uninspired lyrics…
I absolutely love being involved in musical projects, and adding my musical abilities to speech and production work. Please do visit Bookings/Contact to enquire about my composing and arranging services.